Saturday, March 3, 2012

Can you elaborate on this Civilization 4 issue?

I installed the game Civilization IV onto the computer. (I've had the game for a while, but it didn't work well on my last computer.) Now that I've gone and installed it without a hitch, I finally popped in the cd to play it but when I tried to play it, it gave me this message:

This application has failed to start because D3DX9_26.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.



What do I do with the dll once I've downloaded it, it still won't work? Do I open it to a compressed folder?Can you elaborate on this Civilization 4 issue?
First of all just try re-installing if it doesnt work still download the .dll file from a safe site and scan it for viruses and put the .dll file into your game file.

Drag the .dll from winwar, winzip into the game folder im guessing its called Civilization4 and it should workCan you elaborate on this Civilization 4 issue?
Don't bother with the DLL on it's own. The issue is that you're using an old or corrupted version of DirectX, what you need to do is re-install DirectX 9.0c. This usually can be found with most new games, or is available online.

No comments:

Post a Comment