Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Okay gamers. What's better? Civilisation 4, or Civilisation Complete?

I'm trying to toss up between two different games. I know Civ IV is the later version, but is it better than Civilisation Complete? I have never played either. What's your verdicts? Make your case.



I'm more into real time strategy games like Rise of Nations and the original Age of Empires. Which Civ do you think I'd like the most?Okay gamers. What's better? Civilisation 4, or Civilisation Complete?
First off, I would just like to state that there is no game called "Civilization Complete". There are however Civ games given the subtitle complete, like "Civilization 3: Complete", and "Civilization 4: Complete"

I can tell you what my recommendations are though.



In my opinion, Civilization 3 and Civilization 5 are the best civilization games out there.

With Civilization 5, they basically re-made the gameplay, changing it quite significantly, and making it a bit easier to play on some aspects.

However, it can be quite resource demanding if you have it at full settings, and if you don't have a proper gaming computer it may result in lag. (I know from experience on my 13'' Macbook Pro)



Civilization 3 is a great game altogether, and lacks little in graphics, despite it's a bit older age.

It has amazing gameplay, and usually great performance on most computers, and is a solid game altogether for anyone.



If you like the original Age of Empires and Rise of Nations, I would probably suggest Civ 3. However, Civ 5 is a lot easier, and if you have a good computer, it can be more fun, depending on what kind of gamer you are.Okay gamers. What's better? Civilisation 4, or Civilisation Complete?
Civ 4 is more matured and sophisticated, and is generally accepted as the better iteration of Civilization when compared to 3 (which is what I assumed you're talking about).

Civilisation is a turn-based strategy game, but it's still very good! Any strategy game fan will like it. To add to that, the lead designer of Rise of Nations (Brian Reynolds) actually worked on Civ 2, so you might be able to recognize some of the design philosophy behind Civ 3 and 4. You'll like either of them, but I recommend 4 over 3.

edit: Oh, Civ 4 had a Complete release too, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Complete means that it has all the avaliable expansions, if there's a misunderstanding over that. So buy Civ 4: Complete over just Civ 4

edit2: Or, you know, get Civ 5 instead. I found it easier to get into, and they added some new victory conditions and whatnot to make it more varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment