Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Half installed Civilization IV. Can't uninstall now.?

I was installing civ.4 when it asked me to insert disc number 2. When I did my computer froze and I had to cancel the installation process. Now the game is half installed which apparently means I cannot run or uninstall it.



I tried:

-Going to add/remove programs but the game is not on the list because it is not completely installed.

-Deleting all of the files the game had saved onto my computer.



Please help me either uninstall or reinstall the game. Thankyou!Half installed Civilization IV. Can't uninstall now.?
You shouldn't have deleted the game files manually, becuase it doesnt remove registry entries related to the game or the files added to windows\system32 folder.

But you are not too late.



First you have to make sure that the game is truly uninstalled. To do this, use system restore (start=%26gt;all pros=%26gt;accesories=%26gt;system tools=%26gt;system restore)



click next and you'll see the calendar. click on the date you installed the game and click "installed civilization 4" event and click next and you know the drill...



So after the computer is automatically restarted (and restored), you can be sure that the game is completely uninstalled.



Then you can try to re-install the game. If the disks are damaged, try copying them to your hard drive first and installing it from there.



Simple isnt it?

No comments:

Post a Comment