Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Civilization IV for MAC Question?

I have last years model of MacBook, and I really want to get the new Civilization. I had III years ago on my PC, but I don't really get much air time on that, I usually use my laptop. So, Here are the settings on my Mac, I just don't know what they mean... Cause I've heard you really need a Macbook pro, or custom / iMac for it to really run well.



Model Identifier: MacBook4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00

SMC Version: 1.31f0Civilization IV for MAC Question?
Your specs appear to be more than adequate for Civilization IV. Below are the hardware minimums and recommendations. As you can see, you have quintuple the required RAM, and your processor speed is 40% faster than recommended. The only concern is whether you might need a video card (GeForce FX 5200 or better). For between $100 %26amp; $200, you should be able to acquire a very good card, which will help to accelerate all of your video processing.



Civilization IV System Requirements:

* Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later

* CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel chipset

* CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz or faster

* Memory: 512 MB or higher

* Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB free disk space

* Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9600 or better

* Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX 5200 or better

* Video Memory (VRam): 64 MB or higher

* Media Required: DVD Drive



Recommended System Requirements:

* Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later

* CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz or faster

* Video RAM: 128 MB

No comments:

Post a Comment