Saturday, March 3, 2012

Differences in Civilization IV / Civilization 4?

I would like to purchase Civilization IV (4) for PC. However, when I check the stores, there are two versions: Gold Edition and Game of the Year Edition. What are the differences in these? How do these measure up to C4: Complete Edition? Is there a place I can still find C4: Complete, other than Amazon.com?Differences in Civilization IV / Civilization 4?
(1) Civilization IV: Gold Edition is Civ 4 with the Warlords expansion pack. The Warlords pack is a significant improvement over Civ 4 by itself, but it is not nearly as good as the Beyond the Sword expansion pack. I played Civ 4 from about 2005-2006 until Warlords became available. It was such an improvement that I never went back to Civ 4 sans expansion packs. I played Warlords from about 2006-2007 until Beyond the Sword became available. It was such an improvement that I never went back to Warlords. I have played Beyond the Sword for the past year and a half.



(2) Civ 4 Game of the Year Edition includes Civ 4, along with a bonus DVD that contains interviews with the developers (Sid Meiers, etc.) and a few other features, but probably adds only a dollar or so to the value of the package. Since it has no expansion pack, it is not as good as the Gold Edition.



(3) The C4: Complete Edition contains both the Warlords and the Beyond the Sword expansion packs. Since the Warlords expansion pack is worth trying and having, and the Beyond the Sword expansion pack adds tremendously to the quality and complexity of Civ 4, I would strongly recommend getting this instead of the Gold Edition or the Game of the Year edition.
  • what is data
  • dragon age 2 high
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment