Saturday, March 3, 2012

Help uninstalling Civ IV ?

ok after upgrading to version 1.74 i've noticed some problems with civ... It wouldn't recognize "Disc 1" as the correct disc, even though I know that it is. So i decided to uninstall civ and later reinstall it. But the problem is for some reason I'm not able to uninstall civ. So I decided to search my entire computer for anything labeled "Civilization IV", "Civ 4", and all other possible variants. Now when I insert Disc 1 a menu pops up with the options of Install, Readme, and Exit (they used to be the same, except instead of "Install" it was "Play")... but when I click Install an error window pops up saying that version 1.74 is already installed. What can I do?!?!?!?!? Civ 4 still shows up in the uninstall programs list... but it still displays an error when I try to uninstall it... I'm sure I've gotten rid of ALL files related to Sid Meier, Civilization 4, and Firaxis Games but it still won't work!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO???Help uninstalling Civ IV ?
Do the following to completely remove CivIV manually:



Start the registry editor (regedit) and delete the following keys:



" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi鈥?entVersion\Uninstall\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE鈥?"



then Reinstall



Do you want to remove the game completely? then you'll also need to delete all other Firaxis and Civilization and Civ keys in the registry



"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games - (or reinstall and run the uninstaller which is safer):



Delete all of the following directories that the uninstaller does not remove itself:



"...\documents and settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4"

"...\documents and settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4"

"...\documents and settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\local settings\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4"

"...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E鈥?br>
"...\Program Files\Firaxis Games\"



* You have to configure windows explorer to show hidden files.
  • unique baby boy names
  • the sims 3 mods
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment