Saturday, March 3, 2012

Civilization IV Installation Problems?

I am trying to install Civilization IV that I bought as a digital download. The process goes with no problems, but now as a last step the activation window launches. It says - Finishing Installation, Activating Your Product, Connecting to the Internet and then just goes completely blank within seconds (the whole window turns white and does nothing anymore). I've tried this more than 10 times, and I am very sure I am connected to the internet.



I have Windows Vista 64bit, but I have selected for the game to run in Windows XP compatibility mode. I don't think that's the problem as the game is not even at the point to launch yet, it just want activate, but thought I'd mention it.



I sent an e-mail to their tech support, but knowing how fast they were responding the previous time (4 days), I thought I check here too.



Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.Civilization IV Installation Problems?
If you haven't been successful yet, try to manually install the game.



Insert your CD/DVD into your disk drive.



Open up your local hard drive.



Go to File, New, Folder.



Name this folder "Disk Images." or whatever you like.



If more than one disk. Go into the "Disk Images" folder and create another folder called "Disk1." If you're installing a version with an expansion with multiple disks, create folders for each disk. Label them "Disk2," "Disk3" and "Disk4." It's important you don't put a space in between "Disk" and the number you use.



Open up "My Computer" and select your CD. If the autorun comes up, cancel it as well as the installation.



Right-click the CD. Click "Explore."



Click on the "Edit" tab at the top of the window and choose "Select All." You can also press CTRL+A.



Click on the "Edit" tab again and select "Copy." CTRL+C also works.



Head into your "Disk1" folder. Go to the "Edit" tab and select "Paste." CTRL+V works as well. Continue until you've copied and pasted the information from all the disks into their appropriate folders.



Find the autorun file in the "Disk1" folder and double click it. This should install the game as normal. When you are finished, you can delete the "Disk Images" folder.



Hope this will solve your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment